Method Community

Territories/Departments

Last post 06-23-2015 3:51 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2015 5:51 PM

• DanS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-18-2015
    • Posts 3

Territories/Departments

I can't seem to find where Territories (Departments) are used in Method.  My objective is to assign Customers to Territories (or Departments, which is the term Method appears to use).  

To test this morning I added four new "Territories" in Quickbooks.  I then manually sync'd Method with Quickbooks.  The report returned a message that the only changes found were 4 new 'Departments'.  That tells me that Method sees and pulls values from my Quickbooks Territories fields, but for the life of me, I can't see where the field "Territory" or "Department" gets used.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 06-19-2015 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: Territories/Departments

Hi Dan,

I’m not familiar with this field. Can you direct me to where I can locate it in QuickBooks? 

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-19-2015 9:06 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Dan,

I was able to locate this field by turning on Track Locations in my company settings and was given several options on what to label this field as, including Territories (Location being the default). The field does in-fact sync with Method, but doesn’t appear to have anything to do with Departments, (though I did notice this listed in the sync summary on my end as well). While it does sync with Method, it’s not available on the stock transaction screens so you’ll have to add it to them yourself. To do this, just make a copy of the stock screens, edit the copy and drag the Location field from the left of the screen editor onto the screen where you would like it to be displayed. Then Save & Publish and you’re good to go!

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 06-23-2015 3:26 PM In reply to

• DanS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-18-2015
    • Posts 3

I had track locations turned on in QBs, but there is no such function in Method, so I'm assuming you were referring to QB.  I understand the process you're describing in Method...but, I cannot find the "locations" field.  We looked for "locations" and "territories" and "departments" in the Customer table, but didn't see any of those fields.  In what table is the "location" field?  The way we'll be running our business is certain salespeople/client managers are 'territories'.  We want to be able to assign clients to these territories/locations/departments (again, the actual name isn't important).  Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 06-23-2015 3:51 PM In reply to

Hi Dan,

The QBO Location field is actually located on the individual transaction tables, not on the Customer table. It’s a stand-alone field that is set individually on each transaction independent of the customer record. As such, you’re going to have difficulty using this field for the workflow you described.

If you’re going to be managing this exclusively in Method, you may want to consider adding a Method custom field to the Customer table for this instead. A dropdown field containing a choice for each of your territories should suffice. Just keep in mind that this field will not sync with QBO.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)