Method Community

Searching Entire Table - Multiple Columns

Last post 06-30-2015 8:42 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2015 5:43 PM

Searching Entire Table - Multiple Columns

I noticed that for each table, you are able to search by column individually, and typing into multiple columns would result in an "AND" type of search where the results would display only those that match all the column search criteria. However, I was looking for a search bar that would search ALL columns at the same time with one search query, and would return all the rows that matched the query in AT LEAST one column.

The only way I could accomplish this was to create another column and insert all the columns to search in the SQL Override - Filter Fields. The problem is that this creates an additional blank column that is pushed to the side and takes up additional unnecessary space. Is there a way to have a search bar with this function on the page anywhere, or above the grid?

http://imgur.com/a/bt394

Jason Kim
    jason@arcor-inc.com
    www.arcor-inc.com
  • 06-30-2015 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: Searching Entire Table - Multiple Columns

Answer

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, the only way to accomplish this in Method Classic is to do as you mentioned above with an SQL override field. Method New (M:N) uses a single search field that searches through all fields in the grid. Once all the features that you need have been implemented into M:N and you are ready to make the switch, this will no longer be a problem.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)