Method Community

Method and QuickBooks synchronization

Last post 08-05-2015 2:25 PM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2015 1:04 AM

Method and QuickBooks synchronization

Hi,

I use QuickBooks 2013 windows desktop version, and a company file with 2 years of data. Is there a way to limit Method to synchronize transactions after a specific date?

The reason is, we have several custome table linked to a transaction, and those custom table field can only be created when a transaction is created in Method, so we prefer not to include those old transaction to Method.

Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 08-05-2015 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: Method and QuickBooks synchronization

Hey Alex,

By default it is set to 31 days. This can be altered under QuickBooks > Synchronize > Transaction history in which you have the option to change it to:

I hope this answers your needs, if not post back and we can take another look.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-05-2015 12:16 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Thanks. But our case is, we don't want to see any transaction on Method before a specfic day (like Jul/31/2015), but still want Method integration engine to keep synchronizing transactions within 365 day.

For example, today is Aug/05/2015, and I set Transaction history to maintain for this past "365" days. I think Method will synchronize all transactions before Jul/31/2015 (that is, since Jul/31/2014), right?

Is there a way to tell Method integration engine not to synchronize transactions before a specific date?

regards

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 08-05-2015 2:25 PM In reply to

Answer

Hey Alex,

This can't be done, there are no settings to choose which specific date to start the sync from. Can a workaround be creating a copy of the QB company file with data after that date and syncing with that QB file?

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)