Method Community

How to create a "create email" button next to client's email address?

Last post 08-30-2010 8:52 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 9:37 AM

How to create a "create email" button next to client's email address?

I am still writing about the Customer screen, as in my last post. My users have requested that they would like to click on the email address (we will take a button adjacent to the email address) that allows them to send an email. I have found commands in the text box properties that allow me to "add actions" including "send email" which has been disasterous. Another trick I tried is to create a "send email" button that would link to the "activities" tab. There is no way that anyone will have the memory or patience or desire to go through all of the steps one needs to "find" the "send email" screen in the activities tab. We need this to be one step. Please tell me how to do this.

• 08-30-2010 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: How to create a "create email" button next to client's email address?

Answer

Hi Shelley,

From your post I understand that you want to place a 'Send email' button adjacent to the 'Email' field under the Customer List, in the Address Info tab section, correct?

When you click on the 'Send email' do you want the Add/Edit Activity screen to pop up? This is the same screen that pops up under the Activities tab section when you click on New Activity.. button. The reason I'm asking you this is because if you just click on Send email from the Address Info tab section then how are you going to fill in the body of the email, select the option to choose a template, etc?

Perhaps you can try adding a button that would show the Add/Edit Activity screen in a pop up. Also you can move the 'Send an Email' tab section up so it's the first tab section the user sees and they can fill out the information accordingly. In essence, you'll be moving the 'New Activity...' button to the Address Info tab section and then modifying the 'Add /Edit Activity' screen. Please let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)