Method Community

What kind of response time should I expect from 6000+ customers in Listbuilder?

Last post 10-15-2010 12:29 PM by Selwyn van Rooyen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2010 2:33 PM

What kind of response time should I expect from 6000+ customers in Listbuilder?

I have 6000+ customers in my QB customer list, and when I try to create a Current List using Listbuilder by filling it with customers, it takes forever (more than 30 minutes) to process through this modest number of customers.  Can MI not do this any faster?  If so, are there settings that I can change to speed it up?

• 10-15-2010 10:48 AM In reply to

Re: What kind of response time should I expect from 6000+ customers in Listbuilder?

Answer

Hi Gregory,

It is not abnormal to wait that amount of time for the list to be populated, given the number of customers you are going through. The reason it takes that long is because the list builder is inserting all the customers that match your criteria into the list builder table. If this table was already populated then we wouldn't have to insert each record one by one. It is not already populated because each list could be different based on the criteria selected. The List Builder is one of the first screens that was built and as a result it is not fully optimized for speed. We will be enhancing this feature in the future. 

If the waiting time is an issue for you, and you are just looking to export a list of customers, then you can use the Import/Export tool; this can be found under Customize > Integration Tools. Or if you wish to send emails to a selected group of customers you can add actions to the Customer List screen that would allow you to select a batch of customers and send them emails. Heads up, in the near future we will be integrating with Constant Contact which is an email marketing product. It would be similar to the list builder but faster. 

Hope this helps.

• 10-15-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: What kind of response time should I expect from 6000+ customers in Listbuilder?

Gregory - I'll also offer another solution to this...  You could also add a new screen and put a grid showing the customers in the grid.  Instead of using the list builder, use the first row of the grid to filter the customers you'd like to show in the export. (You'll just have to ensure that all the fields you want to filter on are represented on the grid as columns)  Also, put an export button on that screen that exports the filtered results to excel.  Doing it this way will enable you to accomplish the same thing as the list builder, but in a matter of seconds.

Again - I'm a certified Method consultant and Solution Provider and provide method support and customization services.  Let us know if we can help in any way in the future.

Selwyn van Rooyen, Wyn Solutions, Inc.
    www.wynsolutions.com
    804-612-6100

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)