Method Community

Error trying to import data into the Activity table

Last post 10-20-2010 9:37 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2010 1:24 PM

Error trying to import data into the Activity table

I am receiving the following error message when I try to upload data from a CSV file into my Activity table:  ERROR:Access to the path '.............................langenscheidteducationalservices_Gregory_importSQLTableFields.xml' is denied.

I have verified that my userid is set up with all possible permissions, and I was able to get past this point in the import process previously under the same account.  Here is the sequence of events that led to this:

1. I tried to import data to the Activity table prior to this and was able to go all the way through the column mapping wizard.  But when I got to the final import button, I received the error that the values I had entered for ActivityType were incorrect.
    2. I edited the values for ActivityType in my CSV file, then tried to import again.  That is when I first got the above error message.  All subsequent attempts return the same error message.

It looks to me as if Method has permanently locked me out of being able to insert rows in these db tables.  That should not be the result of a failed attempt.  What's wrong?

• 10-19-2010 9:24 AM In reply to

Re: Error trying to import data into the Activity table

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for pointing this out, I was able to replicate the error. I'll update you as soon as this is fixed.

• 10-20-2010 8:43 AM In reply to

Answer

Gregory,

This should now be fixed. Can you kindly retry the import and let me know how it goes?

• 10-20-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

Amanda,    The import now works.  Thanks.

• 10-20-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

Answer

Gregory,

That's awesome, thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)