Method Community

Attaching Document to email

Last post 12-07-2010 5:22 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2010 8:22 PM

Attaching Document to email

Can anybody tell me how to attach a document to an email sent in Method? Which screen you use? I used email in customer section. There is no icon to attach document that I can find.

• 12-07-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

Re: Attaching Document to email

Answer

Hi Terry,

It is certainly possible to do this with Method, what you have to do is create a field of attachment type on the screen and in the table that you wish to store these attachments, and modify the "send to email" action to retrieve the attachment from it using the "retrieve from session" by RecordID option. One cautionary note here is that you will have to create an additional action to save the record in order for it to generate a RecordID to pull the attachment.

Having said this, there are drawbacks to using this approach, mainly that your Method database (which is capped at 250MB, and $0.01 per MB, per day thereafter) would grow in size fairly quickly if you started storing attachments inside Method. 

This is a great idea to have in the future, and we will bring it up with our developers, but for the time being this is the only workaround to replicate this functionality.

Should you experience difficulties in setting this up, please contact our customization guru Mke at m.melo@methodintegration.com.

Regards,
    Denis 

• 12-07-2010 5:22 PM In reply to

Re: Attaching Document to email

Also a quick note, we would need to charge you at least half an hour of consulting time for a customization of this nature. Mike will be able to provide further clarification.

Denis

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)