Method Community

Merge to Word (mail merge - move fielded data from Method into fields in Word)

Last post 08-18-2011 8:21 AM by Method_Michael. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2011 2:22 PM

Merge to Word (mail merge - move fielded data from Method into fields in Word)

Another one of those "this worked pretty well in Salesforce" questions.

Our projects start with a Sales Order document which we populate out of our CRM software.  Basically, I create the appropriate questions to prompt the sales staff to scope the project, and the sales staff fills in the fields which are ported out to a Word doc which is PDFed for signatures.  How is the merge done in Method?  As I understand it, I probably need to go to Excel first, and then use the xls as the source for my Word doc fields.  Anyone have any luck with this?

• 08-17-2011 2:57 PM In reply to

• m.mehr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Henderson, NV
    • Posts 100

Re: Merge to Word (mail merge - move fielded data from Method into fields in Word)

Answer

Why not re-create the Sales Order document using Method Report Writer, then you can automate the merge and emailing from within Method?

Michael J. Mehr, CPA.CITP
    michael@mehrcpa.com
  • 08-17-2011 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Merge to Word (mail merge - move fielded data from Method into fields in Word)

Method Rerport Writer.  That is new to me.  I will try it!

• 08-18-2011 8:21 AM In reply to

m.mehr:
    Why not re-create the Sales Order document using Method Report Writer, then you can automate the merge and emailing from within Method?

Great suggestion. This should help you save time and streamline the process.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)