Method Community

mass update to records

Last post 01-23-2012 3:29 PM by swm023. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 4:00 PM

mass update to records

What is the easiest way to do a mass update to leads, opportunites, etc.

I assumed that I could import an excel file with the information that I wasnt to update.  I tried to do that for my leads.  I created a file with FirstName and Name (the required fields) and 2 other columns for fields that I wanted to update.  Upon updating, however, I received an error message that the contact couldn't be updated because it already existed and I needed to make it unique and try again.

Is there another way to do a mss update or am I doing something wrong?

• 01-16-2012 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: mass update to records

Hi swm023,

I wanted to confirm a few things first:

Are you trying to import into the Contacts table or the Customer table?  

I need to confirm which table you are trying to import into first. 

• 01-16-2012 5:15 PM In reply to

Customer table.  I'm trying to do a mas update to my leads.

I also want to do the same for opportunities.

• 01-17-2012 4:45 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi swm023,  

The best way to update the leads is to first export the customer table as well as its fields that you want to update in the format of .csv.  

You will then be able to import the updated information back into that table. Its best that you export the RecordID field since it is considered the key field as well as the FullName so you can see which user you are updating. 

I would also recommend that you watch the following webinar to give you a better understanding of the import/export process within Method CRM: 

http://www.methodintegration.com/resources/webinars/CommunityWebinar28IntegrationToolsImportExport.wmv 

I hope that helps.  

• 01-20-2012 11:43 AM In reply to

Great. Thank you. What is the key field I need to use in order to update the opportunity table?

• 01-21-2012 6:51 AM In reply to

To be safe, ALWAYS use the RecordID if you are able to.  Guaranteed to be unique.

Paul

• 01-23-2012 3:29 PM In reply to

So I imported a file with RecordID and ProbabilityPercent (I'm updating probability percents).  Everything imported properly but in order for my pipeline to calculate properly I have to go into each individual opportunity record and click inside the ProbabilityPercent box.  This defeats the whole purpose of doing a mass update.  Is there a way to get my pipleine to calculate without going into every single opportunity one-by-one?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)