Method Community

Edit Opportunity screen refreshing unexpectedly.

Last post 02-24-2012 3:56 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2012 12:39 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Edit Opportunity screen refreshing unexpectedly.

First a little background.   We created a new role: Account Manager.  We made a copy of the Edit Oppotunity screen and customized it.  We are currently testing our work with two user roles, Account Manager and Administrator.

Now the problem.  When an Account Manager is signed in and the Edit Opportunity screen is first opened, the fields populate as expected and the tab is renamed appropriately.  If the Account Manager navigates away from the Edit Opp tab, when they return, the Edit Opp screen refreshes causing the data and tab name to vanish.  I see where this is happening in the Advanced actions.  When an Administrator performs the same steps, the Edit Opp screen does not refresh, which I expect is the normal behavior.

So, I am trying to figure out why the Edit Opp screen is refreshing whan an Account Manager navigates away and back.  Is it because I created a new role that is confusing the system?  Is it a setting I have missed somewhere?  I will keep looking around and experimenting with some temporary fixes, but I sure would like to know why this is happening.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

• 02-24-2012 3:32 PM In reply to

Re: Edit Opportunity screen refreshing unexpectedly.

Hi viret56,

Can you please e-mail me at r.gaisiner@methodintegration.com your company account information so I can troubleshoot this further and enable the MethodSupport user for me. 

Ronen

• 02-24-2012 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Edit Opportunity screen refreshing unexpectedly.

Answer

Hi vire56,

I just wanted to give you a quick update that because this is a customized screen, it is no covered under our free technical support but part of our paid consulting service.

Aside from that, I just wanted to give you a brief overview of what you can do in the meantime to attempt to troubleshoot this yourself.

On your copy of your edit opportunity screen, if you go to the "Advanced" options, at Step 2 of 5, at the event of "OnScreenLoad", you have the option of adding the action of Show/Hide Tab Link which will give you the option of selecting which tab link you want to show or hide when the edit opportunity screen first loads when you move away from that tab. In this case you have chosen the tab link of Opportunity >>Edit Opportunity and the option of Always Hide and that is the reason that this is happening.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)