Method Community

MethodIntegrationListener.msi

Last post 02-23-2012 12:55 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2012 3:58 PM

I am trying to install the QuickBooks Data file Diagnostic Tool, and when I run it, I get a message saying that the following components will be installed on your machine:

QBFC8_0Installer.exe

When I click install, I get an error message:  "Setup has detected that the file "C:\Users\KARENA~1|AppData\Local\Temp\VSDB3A0.tmp\MethodIntegrationListener\MethodIntegrationListener.msi' has changed since it was initially published.  Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup."

If I click OK the same message keeps popping up, if I click Cancel, I get another msg "An error occurred while installing system components for MethodIntegrationQB.  Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed"

#1)  Why is anything related to Method coming up with a QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool installation?

& #2)  How do I fix this????

Thanks!!!

• 02-22-2012 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: MethodIntegrationListener.msi

I have tried to redownload the diagnostic tool file several times - the same thing happens.

• 02-23-2012 12:51 PM In reply to

Hi kdellaripa,

Is this issue still happening? If it is, can you please call me at the Tech Support Line at 1-888-925-6238 extension 2 then extention 1 and I will attempt to troubleshoot this further.

Ronen

• 02-23-2012 12:55 PM In reply to

Karen,

To add to what Ronen has already mentioned, this might have to do with the fact that the QB tool your installing uses shared components that Method uses from QBFC.  Once suggestion I have if this keeps happening is removing QBFC and the Method Engine, installing your QB tool and then re-installing Method.

We can't really control the other QB tool if it is trying to access shared components which sounds exactly like what is happening.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)