Method Community

Getting the Purchase Order to show item costs, not sales prices

Last post 03-01-2012 6:11 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2012 6:18 PM

Getting the Purchase Order to show item costs, not sales prices

So the standard Method Purchase Order screen has a grid related to the PurchaseOrderLineItem table. This grid has a Rates column, which seems to be tied to the price of the item, not its cost.

The Invoice screen also has a line item grid, and it also has a Rates column, which also refers to the sales price, not the cost of the item.

Purchase Orders are used with our vendors for restocking items we sell, and therefore we need it to display our cost of the items, not our sales price. I'd like some advice on how to make this happen, as the cost/price fields are part of the Item table, and not part of the PurchaseOrderLineItem table.

On a related question, the Item column in the grid on the Purchase Order screen is a dropdown field used to relate the Item table to the PurchaseOrderLineItem table.  When I click the "Advanced" button in the grid wizard, it shows "Dropdown properties" and "additional columns", which allows me to select two more fields from the Item table, such as "PurchaseCost" and "PurchaseDesc". Selecting these additional columns doesn't seem to do anything. Can you tell me what the purpose of this is, and whether it can help me get Purchase costs and descriptions on my PO, instead of the sales price/descriptions (which really belong on the Invoice)?

• 03-01-2012 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: Getting the Purchase Order to show item costs, not sales prices

Answer

Hi smohyee,

In QuickBooks, if you go to Lists > Item List, and you select an item that is an item type that is an Inventory Part, when you open up that item, you should see a Cost and a Sale Price.

In Method, when you select the item type of Inventory from the item dropdown for the purchase order, the cost that appears for that item in QuickBooks, will appear under the "Rates" column. 

Please confirm if you are talking about the cost field that is displayed in the item type that is Inventory Part.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)