Method Community

Shared Records

Last post 02-29-2012 11:47 PM by Blake C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2012 4:58 PM

Shared Records

I've created an entirely new set of tables and associated screens for a part of our business that is custom to our industry.

This data should be "protected" similar to the current filters for listing Estimates, Sales Orders and Invoices.

How do I create filters for my custom data/screens that will behave like the built-in shared user access for Estimates, Sales Orders and Invoices?

Thanks...

Blake C
  • 02-29-2012 9:15 AM In reply to

Re: Shared Records

Answer

Hi Blake C,

The best way to create the filters for the grid on the new page is by first opening up the grid object in the designer for the specific page by clicking on the Edit link.

In Step 3 of 9: Filters, on the wizard, you can then click on the New/Edit button, and select the New View option. On the original wizard, you can then select a filter from the dropdown for "Choose from a list of available fields" and then click on the Insert Filter... button which will give you additional options for that specific filter.

If you would like to have the filter behave like one of the "Shared" filters on an existing grid, you can open up an existing grid and select a filter starting with the "Shared" title, and view how the fields are filtered.

The one common filter that you would see on the grids for those screens for the filters that are shared is filtering for "SalesRepRecordID" field. I would review those and add additional filters that you would want to add to the shared filters.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 02-29-2012 11:47 PM In reply to

Re: Shared Records

Answer

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. But in my haste I forgot to make sure my custom table had the linked field to the SalesRep ID. I previously just had the Sales Rep name in there. Doh.

Working now. Thx

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)