Method Community

Method Tables <--> Quickbooks Tables

Last post 08-21-2009 8:58 PM by Method_Paul. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2009 4:00 PM

• Joe
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2009
    • Posts 97

Method Tables <--> Quickbooks Tables

I have a couple questions regarding data integrity when method transfers/receives data to/from quickbooks.

1) If a standard method table is altered via - adding new fields. Will this disturb the integration process ?

2) If a standard method table has a field properties (such as required/unique) changed, this will obviously not be copied by the quickbooks software. Does this mean if i set a non-required field in a standard method table to be required and unique, that quickbooks will continue to allow unique data to be duplicated as well as required data to be left blank during data entry on it's end -- causing conflicts ??

**I am assuming fields on quickbooks's end have their properties hard-coded and are thus, uncustomizable.

• 08-21-2009 8:58 PM In reply to

Re: Method Tables <--> Quickbooks Tables

Hi Joe,

"1) If a standard method table is altered via - adding new fields. Will this disturb the integration process ?"

-No probelm . Add new fields to your heart's content.  They won't go into QuickBooks, but Method was built with this in mind.

"2) If a standard method table has a field properties (such as required/unique) changed, this will obviously not be copied by the quickbooks software. Does this mean if i set a non-required field in a standard method table to be required and unique, that quickbooks will continue to allow unique data to be duplicated as well as required data to be left blank during data entry on it's end -- causing conflicts ?? "

-You shouldn't be able to modify any of the built-in accounting fields anyway.  You can't delete them, change their properties, etc., as they are required for synchronization.

-You shouldn't set the field to be unique on an accounting table, since as you pointed out, QuickBooks would not be able to insert a value there.  I don't think we actually stop you from doing that right now, so I'll forward it on to plug that up.  You make a good point. But you should be fine adding a required value, since this is more for a data entry validation from within Method.  You are correct, though, that records added in QuickBooks directly on an accounting table with a required custom field would break your integrity.  I don't have any easy work arounds for you, other than to build a screen with a grid that lists broken records that will need to be manually fixed :(.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)