Method Community

cannot re-insert Items

Last post 05-10-2012 11:55 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2012 6:46 PM

cannot re-insert Items

When I delete an existing Item (by mistake?) then attempt to insert a new one with the same information, I get an error message:

This item could not be sent to Quickbooks. The Name is already in use. Please edit the name so that it is unique and save again.

How do I enable entry of this item?

- Sus
  • 05-10-2012 8:30 AM In reply to

Re: cannot re-insert Items

Answer

Susanna:

It sounds like you need to sync after you delete the item.  Are you on QuickBooks online?  If so, make sure you click the sync with QB Online button to push the changes over.

~C

• 05-10-2012 11:01 AM In reply to

Susanna:

My post above covers QuickBooks Online but this reply will cover QuickBooks Desktop.

It sounds like this item was used in an invoice, in this case your item was never deleted in QuickBooks, it was simple made inactive.  If you look at the QuickBooks tab under the Resolve Conflicts tab link you will probably have a conflict to resolve.  What you want to do is refetch the item from QuickBooks and it will restore it in Method.

~C

• 05-10-2012 11:55 AM In reply to

Answer

Susanna,

If you're wondering why it wasn't deleted from QuickBooks it's because this item is already in use on a transaction which mean QuickBooks will not delete it.  The alternative here is to set the item to inactive instead of deleting it.  You'll also need to create your new item with a slightly different name since you can't have duplicate item names.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)