Method Community

duplicate customers showing in CRM

Last post 09-21-2012 11:07 AM by WQA. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2012 9:16 AM

• WQA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-21-2012
    • Posts 11

duplicate customers showing in CRM

Not sure how this happened but I have a duplicate for one of my customers. Is there any way to merge the 2?

• 09-21-2012 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: duplicate customers showing in CRM

WQA:
    Is there any way to merge the 2?

Yes.  If you're using QuickBooks Online please review our help article on this.

~C

• 09-21-2012 10:19 AM In reply to

• WQA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-21-2012
    • Posts 11

This doesnt appear to solve my problem. The customer is not duplicated in QB online, only in Method. How is this even possible? It appears that when the invoice was created in QB online, it fed through to Method and created a second customer instead of recognizing the one that was already there because the duplicate has only the invoice amount and basic customer info. The other has complete contact info but no invoice amount.

• 09-21-2012 10:49 AM In reply to

Answer

Please check your resolve conflicts - you may need to delete the duplicate customer in Method first.  Merging the customer is not what you want to do in this case so please:

1. Check the QuickBooks > Resolve Conflicts tab in Method.  Resolve anything here.
    2. Delete the duplicate customer of the same name.
    3. Recreate the invoice for the correct customer then try your document upload on the right customer

Please let me know how it goes.

~C

• 09-21-2012 11:07 AM In reply to

• WQA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-21-2012
    • Posts 11

Ok, im just going to delete the one that does not seem to be synching to QB online. This is not one of the 2 customers from the other question about attaching documents

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)