Method Community

Basic Reporting Question: Record & Line Items Per Page

Last post 10-16-2012 10:24 PM by Blake C. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2012 5:48 PM

Basic Reporting Question: Record & Line Items Per Page

My reports are usually executed like this: user selects one or many records in a grid, then selects Print. I roll up the RecordIDs and pass that into the report.

What's the best way to run reports given a list of Record IDs that have a detail table associated, ensuring each new Record and it's detail info starts on a new page?

I'm able to do this now (e.g. Activity/WO and its associated JobItems) but the only way I can make it work is to put a hard page break after my JobItems grid footer. If I don't put the page break in there, the JobItems grid displays twice...one for one WO record ID passed to the report, and then the "next" record ID.

Basically, I probably don't understand all the reporting concepts and features available to me and I've likely had "accidental" success to this point.

Sorry if that's confusing...hope it makes sense.

Thanks for any pointers on this.

Blake C
  • 10-16-2012 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: Basic Reporting Question: Record & Line Items Per Page

Answer

Update: I think I finally got some clarity on my issue. Adding and manipulating GroupHeaders is still very unpredictable once the important 'Grouping' concept is added. Very weird...but my report seems to work as expected, so I guess I'm where I need to be at this time.

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)