Method Community

automate activites

Last post 10-16-2012 9:55 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2012 1:23 PM

automate activites

I am looking for a way that once a account manager emails a client a shipping notification that it could automatically set off a series of time delayed reminders for the account manager for follow ups. Is this possible to do with activities tab or will I have to set up the automation under the email button itself through a long series of actions and date differences?

Thank You!

• 10-16-2012 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: automate activites

Answer

NeilRick:
    Is this possible to do with activities tab or will I have to set up the automation under the email button itself through a long series of actions and date differences?

You could use the recurring activity feature when creating a new activitiy.  The basis for recurring is quite flexible so you should be able to set this up on any schedule you feel like.  What you could do for automation is once the save & email button actions finish, take the user to the new activity screen with the active record.  The user will still need to finish creating the activity (and recurrences) but it would automate several clicks by creating a new activity and picking the right customer.

~C

• 10-16-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

NeilRick:
    Is this possible to do with activities tab

I forgot to mention the auto-follow-up feature on the activity page, instead of recurring you could use the schedule a follow-up checkbox to initiate the follow-up.  Clicking this checkbox will reveal a section allowing you to trigger a specific activity type, date and status based on the type assigned.

~C

• 10-16-2012 9:55 AM In reply to

NeilRick:
    Is this possible to do with activities tab

I forgot to mention the auto-follow-up feature on the activity page, instead of recurring you could use the schedule a follow-up checkbox to initiate the follow-up.  Clicking this checkbox will reveal a section allowing you to trigger a specific activity type, date and status based on the type assigned.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)