Method Community

How can I modify the calendar screen to not display Inactive or ex-employees?

Last post 02-05-2013 8:47 PM by elkhvac. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2013 11:23 PM

How can I modify the calendar screen to not display Inactive or ex-employees?

In the "Assigned to:" filter section of the calendar screens, how can you modify the screen so that ex-employees no longer show up?  I have the ex-epmployees Inactive but I haven't found a way to modify the Filter Section so that they won't show up in this section.

• 02-04-2013 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: How can I modify the calendar screen to not display Inactive or ex-employees?

Answer

I don't believe you can edit the values in that grid to only show active employees only. What you can do is edit the screen and add a second resource in Step 3: Choose Resources.  You can add the 'IsActive' field as an additional resource. You can then type "True" in the grid to show only active employees.

- Adam 

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-04-2013 8:56 PM In reply to

Re: How can I modify the calendar screen to not display Inactive or ex-employees?

I already use the second resource for 'Grouping', this way I just see a sub set of my employees - just electricians, managers, office staff, etc.  However, I never want to see Inactive/Ex-Employees, so I need a way to filter these people out.

I've tried deleting Ex-employees from the systems but it won't let me do that either, the system says that you have to turn employees inactive if they have modified records in the system.  

So I need a solution, as our database gets larger I don't want to sift through old employees.

• 02-05-2013 11:58 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, there is no way to edit that grid to show only active users.  We do plan on making improvements to the calendar object in the future, but I have no ETA on when that might be.

You should be able to delete inactive employees. Are you not able to do this?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-05-2013 12:19 PM In reply to

No the system says that you can not delete inactive users if they have edited, modified or entered any enteries in Method.  The reason given by the system is that they can not be deleted because they are in the audit trail.

Any other ideas for a work around?

• 02-05-2013 4:59 PM In reply to

Answer

Sorry you are correct. There are no other work arounds that I can think of. I've put in a feature request to the team on your behalf.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-05-2013 8:47 PM In reply to

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)