Method Community

Custom info

Last post 03-08-2013 3:32 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2013 2:43 PM

Custom info

I've edited the contact screen to include custom questions that are part of an excel sheet.  The published page show all the questions and an area for the answers.  I did a test import with 10 customers with those custom questions.  I had included the Record ID and put a check in Update existing records by matching the key fields box.  The excel comumns I had that I imported to method was only the custom questions and Record ID.  It had a sucessfull import - but when I checked a customer to see the answers there was no data.  Please help me.

• 03-08-2013 3:32 PM In reply to

Re: Custom info

Hi Angie,

I just want to confirm a few things. First, you would have needed to create the custom questions field to your Contacts table. When you perform the import, make sure that the field name matches the one in the table. Lastly, you'll need to make sure that the Screen and/or Grid is updated to include that table's custom field so it can be viewed.

Have you followed these steps already? If you have verified that your screen/grid has the field included, are they simply empty for the records you imported?

-Angelo

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)