Method Community

Missing invoices

Last post 07-29-2013 4:38 PM by Method_Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2013 5:15 PM

Missing invoices

A newbie, I synced a test datafile with 4908 invoices, but can only see about 180 in Method.  What am I missing?

• 07-26-2013 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: Missing invoices

Hi Tiger65,

Its quite possible that your transaction history is only set for the past 31 days.  As a result, only transaction within that timeframe will sync into Method.  This can be adjusted to a larger time frame or even all of your transactions.  You can find this under the QuickBooks tab > Synchronize (you can also adjust it based on the type of transaction):

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-28-2013 5:19 PM In reply to

Thanks, that did the job.  I presume anything I enter in the Transaction History becomes the Default for setting options on individual transactions.  Is that correct?

• 07-29-2013 12:08 PM In reply to

Yes that's correct.  One thing I want to note is that the farther back you sync transactions, the slower the syncing process will be.  You might want to select only certain transaction types to have a longer range. If you have a large QuickBooks file with lots of transactions, each full sync will resync all of those transactions.  This can put some stress on the resources of the computer and the QuickBooks SDK, causing it to slow down.  In some cases, the QuickBooks SDK will crash due to the number of transactions being requested by the sync engine.

I would consider how far back you need to have these transactions go in Method and of which type when setting this up.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 07-29-2013 2:09 PM In reply to

Yes, that's good advice.  Some follow-up questions which may affect Method performance:

1. Can the Transaction Sync period be reduced selectively going forward?
    2. Can QuickBooks Pro be upgraded at some future time to Enterprise without starting over with Method?
    3. Since we are in the testing phase with an older datafile copy, can we switch to the current production datafile without starting over?
    Thanks for the help.
  • 07-29-2013 4:38 PM In reply to

Answer

To answer your follow up questions:

Tiger65:
    Can the Transaction Sync period be reduced selectively going forward?

You can adjust your transaction history at any time by going to the syncronization page and changing the settings. If you shorten the range, transactions outside of the range will be hidden in Method.

Tiger65:
    Can QuickBooks Pro be upgraded at some future time to Enterprise without starting over with Method?

You can update to Enterprise at any time.  Method connect to the company file and finds the records based on the QuickBooks listID.  These listID's won't change when you switch QuickBooks versions.

Tiger65:
    Since we are in the testing phase with an older datafile copy, can we switch to the current production datafile without starting over?

You may have to start over.  When Method connects to a company file, it creates a one to one relationship with that file.  As I said above, Method associates each record with the ListID in QuickBooks. If you were to switch to a different file, the ListID's would be different.  For example, CustomerA in the old file will have a different ListID than CustomerA in the new file, even if they have the same information.  Method would not be able to find the records in QuickBooks and this will cause conflicts and errors.

If you do switch to a new file, we can do an account reset that will wipe the account as if it were a brand new account.  All data and customization will be lost.  You could then sync the new file to the Method account.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)