Method Community

Leads to Customers transition

Last post 10-16-2013 4:47 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2013 3:54 PM

Leads to Customers transition

Hey Method folks,

My question is regarding the Lead to Customer transition. Basically, we do a lot of work with very large universities with tons of different contacts and different departments. The problem is that all these leads we are gathering are starting to overlap “customer names” (they are all from the same University). We are worried that once we convert these leads to customers and eventually the info gets transferred to Quickbooks we will have conflicting naming conventions and things will get a little messy. My question is “What’s the best way to get all of these different leads to customers (with the same “company” or “university” name) organized so none of the records overlap.

Regards,

Jesse 

• 10-16-2013 4:47 PM In reply to

Re: Leads to Customers transition

Hi Antibodyverify,

I think the best way to go about this is to utilize the Customer:Job distiction in QuickBooks and Method.  This way all of the universities would be the "main" customer, with each individual contact or department as a job. The setup would look like this UniversityName:Department. As you input a lead, you can associate the lead with the university and they will only sync over when you convert them.  

I found this link that explain the Customer:job relationship more clearly

As this grows, you would likely have contacts for specific jobs, which Method can hold for you and and all of the billing would be separate for each job.  You could also potentially customize Method and either run a report and build a screen to total up your sales for the entire university if you desired. There lots of possibilities with this setup.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)