Method Community

Assigning a new Dropdown to an existing table

Last post 10-29-2013 3:23 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2013 3:21 PM

Assigning a new Dropdown to an existing table

Hello,

I have no idea why I'm having this problem since I've done it several times for different screens, but I am trying to create a drop down in  a new screen that is based on the customer table/list.  When I go to choose the field, the only option is the 'record id' field.  I haven't had any problems doing this in other screens, like I said, but I can't get any customer drop down to work in this screen and it's driving me nuts!  Please help!

Thanks!

• 10-29-2013 12:51 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Re: Assigning a new Dropdown to an existing table

Be,

I've seen this happen when there is a sync error involving a duplicate customer. Try going to the resolve conflicts screen and clear up an customer conflicts and then try it again.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 10-29-2013 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: Assigning a new Dropdown to an existing table

Matt - Thanks for hleping out.

Ben,

Matt is right, if you have Customer conflicts, this will prevent the use of the FullName field as it will no longer be unique.  If there are no conflicts, you may still have duplicates. To find them, I'd export the Entity table and include the Entity Type, FullName and RecordID fields.  Then, after the export, select the FullName column and use Excel's Conditional Formatting option and select Highlight Cell Rules > Duplicate Values This will mark the duplicate values with a different color that you can then filter the sheet for and find your duplicates.

Hope this helps,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)