Method Community

Copying Screens - Method Pro Questions

Last post 06-18-2015 4:27 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2015 2:01 PM

Copying Screens - Method Pro Questions

My company has two seperate Method databases that we are in the process of creating (one for the US, and one for Europe). Both of these will have almost identical screens, so after I am done customzing the US database I want to just copy the screens over. I see that this option is available, but only for Method Pro Users. Am I able to convert the admin user to a Method Pro account in order to accomplish this, or do all of the users need to be converted to Pro? After I am done copying the screens over, will I be able to switch back to a basic subscription?

Thank you,

Conner

• 06-18-2015 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: Copying Screens - Method Pro Questions

Hi Conner,

The version of Method is set on a per account basis. In order to obtain access to the pro features, each licence on the account must be converted to a pro license.

You may be able to downgrade to the standard version once you have completed copying the screens, assuming your account meets the requirements. For example; if any of the screens that you copy use custom tables, these tables are generated on the account in order for the screens to function. Custom tables are a pro-only feature so you will be unable to downgrade as long as these custom tables exist on the account.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-18-2015 3:38 PM In reply to

When copying a screen from one account to another, do both need to be in Pro Edition?

• 06-18-2015 4:01 PM In reply to

Only the account that you are copying to needs to be a pro account. The other account can be either.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 06-18-2015 4:27 PM In reply to

Hi Conner,

If you have 2 accounts that will have the same screens and workflow, but will connect to different QuickBooks files and contain different data, you may want to consider setting up your account for multi-tenancy. This will allow you to maintain a single version of your screens across multiple accounts. You can read about this in solution No. 181 of our Help Center and reach out to your account manager for more information.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)