Method Community

CC Payments from Authorize.net Posting to Invoices

Last post 06-19-2015 8:46 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2015 5:56 PM

• DanS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-18-2015
    • Posts 3

CC Payments from Authorize.net Posting to Invoices

This may be a quickbooks question, but I'll give it a shot since we're trying to do as much inside Method as we can.  I have been able to configure the gateway and corresponding sync between Authorize.net, the transaction data loads just fine.  However, I can't figure out how to get those credit card payments to auto-post to individual invoices.  I know I can "Receive Payments" and therefore manually post those CC transactions to invoices and therefore customer accounts, but I'm hoping there is an automated way to do that.  Is there some value I need to enter into Authorize.net that would link back to the invoice?  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

• 06-19-2015 8:46 AM In reply to

Re: CC Payments from Authorize.net Posting to Invoices

Hi Dan,

If you process your payments in Method via the Customers > Receive Payment screen, you have the option of selecting the “Auto apply payments?” option. If you use this along with the “Process with payment gateway when saving?” option, this will allow you to receive a payment, have it automatically apply to the customer’s invoice and process the payment via your payment gateway all at the same time. You can read more on receiving payments in Solution No. 337 of our Help Center or you can watch our tutorial video.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)