Method Community

Excluding Items From a Conditional Statement

Last post 06-25-2015 3:37 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2015 2:42 PM

Excluding Items From a Conditional Statement

I recently set up a way to apply a set discount level to items from our price list, on our purchase order screen using Actions, and Basic Math Calculations with Conditional Statements. The discount applied is based on “Price Levels” of our customers (10% or 15 % off list price, etc.) However, we have about 25 items that we only discount 10%. Is there a way to restrict the 15% Basic Math Calculation from not being applied to those particular items? 

• 06-25-2015 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: Excluding Items From a Conditional Statement

Hi Seth,

Depending on the number of items you have, you may want to consider using a per item price level instead. This allows you to set a specific price for each item in your items list and will allow you to apply this price in both Method and QuickBooks.

If you only need to apply this logic in Method, you could add a custom field to your item table and add a specific value into this field for these items. Then check for the specific value in this field and if it’s found, apply a 10% discount instead.

There are certainly other ways to accomplish this, but this is the fist idea that came to my mind.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)