Method Community

Issues with Creating a Custom Table

Last post 07-31-2015 3:50 PM by Method_Morty. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2015 8:57 AM

Issues with Creating a Custom Table

Hello All,

This is my first attempt at creating a custom table in method and I have run into a couple of issues. I have a lot of programming experience, but can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. I am trying to make a copy of the "Item" table. I have been able to create the table and add all the fields with the exception of the following three.

MFGLeadTimeUOM - This is a Dropdown field but when the dropdown wizard runs through the steps, the text field that need to be selected, LeadTimeUOM, doesn't show up in the list of options. The only option that shows is RecordID.

SalesTaxCode - I have the same problem with creating this field as above. The reference field, "Name", in the table SalesTaxCode is not available via the dropdown wizard. The other strange thing is that the SalesTaxCode table syncs with Quickbooks (QB), but it brings in all the tax codes defined in QB as well as "Tax" and "Non" even if these already exist in quickbook. In other words, if you have the "Tax" and "Non" tax codes defined in QB then the sync created duplicates of these so the the tax code dropdown in the item table displays duplicates. Is this expected behavior?

TimeModifiedAccounting - This field is a protected field. I'm not sure if the field will be automatically generated at some point or if it is just not needed when creating custom tables.

Any and all help is appreciated,
    Aaron J. Wood 

• 07-30-2015 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Issues with Creating a Custom Table

Hey Aaron,

The reason for the first 2 fields you are unable to choose the other fields is because you can only choose Unique fields in the dropdown (i.e. RecordID). 

But when you choose the field on screen you will be able to choose the fields, LeadTimeUOM & Name from the Wizard. On step 4 and 6 you can choose the drowndown choices and put in filters to have it restricted in what you wanted displayed.

TimeModifiedAccounting comes from QuickBooks TimeModified field. It is a predefined table field, tables that don't have a predefined LastModifiedDate field, will not keep timestamp information.

I hope that makes it clear, let me know if you need me to elaborate.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-31-2015 1:59 PM In reply to

Please elaborate on how to get the "Name" field to show up in steps 4 and 6 of the dropdown wizard. When I do the dropdown wizard I only get 3 steps. What I don't understand is that when I view the structure of the SalesTaxCode table the "Name" field is set to be required and unique. However, if you select the table in the dropdown wizard it only gives RecordID as a possible field to select. Why is this?

• 07-31-2015 2:52 PM In reply to

Hey Aaron,

When you add the Dropdown object to the Screen and you move over to Step 4 of 6 this is what I see:

I'm going to figure out why it's set to Unique but there are duplicates - I'll report back with what I find out.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-31-2015 3:00 PM In reply to

Im not trying to add a dropdown object to a screen. I am trying to add a dropdown field to a table. I think there is something wrong with this particular table (SalesTaxCode). I referenced this in the initial post.

"The other strange thing is that the SalesTaxCode table syncs with Quickbooks (QB), but it brings in all the tax codes defined in QB as well as "Tax" and "Non" even if these already exist in quickbook. In other words, if you have the "Tax" and "Non" tax codes defined in QB then the sync created duplicates of these so the the tax code dropdown in the item table displays duplicates. Is this expected behavior?"

Thanks

• 07-31-2015 3:04 PM In reply to

Got news back this is a bug right now on the platform, to confirm are you on QuickBooks Desktop?

There is a Ticket in with our developers who are currently working on a fix on the duplicate SalesTaxCode issue.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-31-2015 3:11 PM In reply to

Yes, QB Desktop Enterprise 13.0. Wow! I wasted hour and hours of time on this issue. Please let me know when it is fixed because it is holding me up. Thank for the info.

• 07-31-2015 3:50 PM In reply to

Hey Aaron,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll keep you posted with any updates I receive from them here.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)