Method Community

Quickbooks Online Review

Last post 11-17-2011 9:30 AM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2011 8:48 PM

Quickbooks Online Review

Greetings.  

I am looking at moving my quickbooks desktop 2009 data to their online version.

1. I looked around my method account and in here on how to get link qbo to method and i could not find anything. Do i need to call this in for instructions?

2. If I am using a custom field in items (from the qbd) and i have a report that is based off those custom fields and i move to qbo, will this transfer have a effect on these reports? 

Thanks, 

John M

• 11-17-2011 9:30 AM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Online Review

Answer

John-

John M:
    1. I looked around my method account and in here on how to get link qbo to method and i could not find anything. Do i need to call this in for instructions?

When you sign up for QBO you will have access to install Method through the Intuit App Center.

John M:
    2. If I am using a custom field in items (from the qbd) and i have a report that is based off those custom fields and i move to qbo, will this transfer have a effect on these reports? 

There is a good chance it will affect these reports.

To further add to this you can't convert your current Method for QBD account to a Method for QBO account, you will have to create a new account, which means you will lose all your non-accounting data that is stored in Method (You can export/import you data from one account to another but it would be really time consuming and not an easy process to make sure everything lines up with your new account)

For your custom screens you can import from them from a QBD account to a QBO account but it can get messy since QBD and QBO use different fields and you would have to make changes to the screens, for example SalesReps don't exist in QBO they use Assigned To.

We may eventually create a tool to convert a Method QBD account to Method QBO but we don't see that happening anytime in the next 12 months.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)