Method Community

Error while saving new record

Last post 12-29-2011 8:59 PM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2011 8:45 PM

Error while saving new record

Whenever we try to save a new record, we receive the following message:

Please make sure a value for 'Customer Name' has been entered. It is a required field.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

I have seen this error before and have clicked around on the Customer table, logged in and out numerous times, and eventually it straightened itself out. No one on our staff is allowed near a table so they cannot trick the database into rebuilding (or regenerating). I have received numerous unhappy email complaints. Please tell me how to avoid this error and how to resolve it quickly. As it stands, I cannot save a new customer.

• 12-28-2011 9:30 PM In reply to

Re: Error while saving new record

Answer

Shelley -

Is this a standard screen, or a customized screen?

If a standard screen, which one, is it CRM_EditCustomer, or a different one?

If a customized screen, have you tried editing the screen, and re-publishing it?

Paul

• 12-29-2011 8:25 PM In reply to

Paul,

Great suggestion. Save is working now.

We do have custom screens and republishing fixed the problem. Do you have any thoughts on what may be causing this? I am the only person who can publish a screen. I would prefer to avoid the problem in the future in case I am not available to fix it right away.

• 12-29-2011 8:59 PM In reply to

Shelley - glad to hear it worked.  

Not sure what was wrong.....republishing the screen is like restarting your computer.....it's the first thing I try before troubleshooting any further.

Just to be safe, I'll run a utility that regenerates all your screens.  It's at 34% right now, and should be done in a couple minutes.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)