Method Community

Changing/Merging Accounts and Job Types

Last post 03-09-2012 5:09 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2012 10:18 AM

Changing/Merging Accounts and Job Types

I’m looking to change customer names from:

"Customer1:Main Account:Employee1" to

"Customer1:Employee1" (which already exists for some customers).

1.       Can this be done in Method and can the changes be cascaded to QB?

2.       If so, how do I make these changes? The “umbrella organization” field on the customer main page is greyed-out.

3.       It appears that the only way I can change these entries is to select a different customer from the drop-down box when I drill down into a specific transaction. If so, do all transactions have to be changed? Or can a customer name/account/sub-account be changed en masse?

4.       If these changes can be applied, what is the impact on viewing historical transactions/incvoices/sales?

Thank you, and your assistance is much appreciated.

• 03-07-2012 2:23 PM In reply to

Re: Changing/Merging Accounts and Job Types

Hi MikeB,

In Method, when you click on the Go To for the customer within the Customers and Contacts List tab link under the Customers tab such as "Customer1:Employee1" in your example, Employee1 will appear in the Customer Name field which will considered a job of Customer1.

In Method, when you click the Go To link for the customer within the tab link that I described above, there will be a new tab link called Edit (Name of customer) which will have a section called Additional Info. That section has a dropdown for the label Job of Customer. That is the area where you can specify if customer Employee1 is a job of Customer1. Once this change is made in Method, that information will be available in QuickBooks.

For the following questions:

MikeB:

2.       If so, how do I make these changes? The “umbrella organization” field on the customer main page is greyed-out.

3.       It appears that the only way I can change these entries is to select a different customer from the drop-down box when I drill down into a specific transaction. If so, do all transactions have to be changed? Or can a customer name/account/sub-account be changed en masse?

4.       If these changes can be applied, what is the impact on viewing historical transactions/incvoices/sales?

Can you be a bit more specific?

Ronen

• 03-07-2012 3:11 PM In reply to

When exporting to Excel, I get 3 types of customers. I'll use ABCCompany as an example, whit employee names):

1. ABCCompany:Main Account
    2. ABCCompany:Mike
    3. ABCCompany:Main Account:Mike

I want sales to be either under a Main Account (with no sub-accounts) or under an employee name. Therefore, #3 is an undesirable result.

I want to change #3s to #2s.

• Can I do it through Method?
    • Do I change them on the Customers tabs or do I have to change sales/transactions/other?
    • Does this impact historical invoices?
  • 03-09-2012 5:09 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi MikeB,

To answer your questions:

MikeB:
    Can I do it through Method?

From Customers>Customers and Contacts List, select the customer and under the Additional Info section, you will see a dropdown for the Job of Customer and this is where you can make your changes.

In your case in Method, select the employee Mike and in the Job of Customer dropdown select ABCCompany.

MikeB:
    Do I change them on the Customers tabs or do I have to change sales/transactions/other?

In Method you make the changes in the Customers tab.  

MikeB:
    Does this impact historical invoices?

It seems that QuickBooks will make the changes for the transactions but only change the Customer:Job name to ABCCompany:Mike from ABCCompany:Main Account:Mike.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)