Method Community

problems customizing the "customize" tab

Last post 01-16-2012 3:24 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 11:22 PM

problems customizing the "customize" tab

i'm trying to limit access for some of my users to the customize tab.

their role is "staff" and i have made the customize tab accessible for staff.

when i edit the users under step 7 of 10 i select which tab links i want them to have access to.

upon logging in the customize tab is visible but when you click on it the only link that shows up is "integration tools" and when you click on it it says you don't have permission to view this screen.

why aren't the tab links i selected visible? why is integration tools appearing?

• 01-16-2012 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: problems customizing the "customize" tab

Hi swm023,

I have a few questions for you:

1.     Are you using the original “Staff” role that came with Method?

2.     Did you create the “Staff” role yourself?

3.     If you created a new role, did you associate its parent role to one that doesn’t have access to those links you wanted to be visible and not visible?

In general, you need to ensure that the tab that you want to be accessible have the “Staff” checkbox checked off. You also need to ensure that the associated Tab Link Name that you want to be visible for the “Staff” user also have the “Staff” checkbox checked off.

When setting up a user, if you go to step 7 of 8, you can setup permissions to certain tab links under the customize tab.

In addition, when you go to step 8 of 10 for the user setup, you can indicate which table the user is allowed to have access to. Your settings there might prevent you from accessing certain screens within the tab links because of certain access rights settings.

Let me know if that helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)