Method Community

Reports question

Last post 07-24-2009 6:51 AM by Method_Paul. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2009 1:47 PM

• Keith
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2009
    • Posts 23

Reports question

Hi.. I have a general QB report question. In QB there are some basic reports like Trial balance and Balance sheet, are there any reports like this available in methods or if I want to see a Balance sheet (example) in methods do I have to create a new report from scratch?

Thanks

• 07-21-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: Reports question

Hi Keith,

No, you don't have to create those reports from scratch.  You can import reports from Quick Books by going to the QuickBooks tab > Scheduled Reports. Once you have set up your reports you would be able to view them in Reports under the Home tab. 

• 07-21-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

• Keith
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2009
    • Posts 23

Thanks Amanda.. what do I need to do on the QB/PC side... do I need to have a report open(like Balance Sheet) ?

• 07-21-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

• Keith
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2009
    • Posts 23

I just found that tab in methods for the reports.. so I understand now.. Thanks

• 07-21-2009 6:25 PM In reply to

• Keith
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2009
    • Posts 23

Amanda.. I do have another question about the reports, Is there a way to drill-down in the reports like there is in QB. Like from an account to the transactions?

Also if this is not possible, does methods carry enought QB data to reconstruct a report from scratch. Are beginning and ending balances carried in the methods tables. Is this even possible to get the balances?

Thanks,

Keith

• 07-22-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

This is add'l questions about reports.   

This drilldown feature from summary to detail transactions is one of the most important basic reporting functions clients and accountant need.

1.  Does Method DB include the QB summary and transaction DB so that  consultants can create QB reports just by using the DB on Method, including drilldown from summary to detail transations?   

2.  Similarly, does the existing Method report process, which appears to run using the actual DB residing on the client PC, have drilldown feature from summary to detail transactions?

Thanks.

Dave

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 07-22-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

Keith, reports imported from QuickBooks into Method are generated into HTML pages. As a result, no drill downs can be performed.
    With regards to your question if Method carry enough data to reconstruct a report from scratch; we are able to create reports based on what's available to us via the SDK provided by Intuit.
    Can you please clarify what you mean by "Are beginning and ending balances carried in the methods tables. Is this even possible to get the balances?"

Dave, I responded to your first question above. Presently, the Method Report Designer doesn't have a drill down feature.

• 07-24-2009 12:52 AM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Amanda,

I didn't see a Cash Flow statement report in Method. That is one of the core reports in QB. Is it coming to Method?

Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 07-24-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

I'll help out here. 

Sorry Phil - it's not a standard report provided via the QuickBooks SDK. 

Don't just take my word for it, here are some other developers that wanted the same thing:
    https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=7&threadid=1160

I think it would be *possible* to somehow recreate with Method since we have most of the financial data brought over, but I see it being very messy.  It will not be a priority for us to add this in, as we have a lot of other things in the labs that you'll appreciate us concenrating on instead.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)