Method Community

can two email addresses be associated with one employee

Last post 01-23-2012 12:59 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2012 3:47 PM

can two email addresses be associated with one employee

We have a need for an employee to receive his workorders at two different email addresses .  We have tried using a comma and a semicolon and both would not work.

Any ideas?

• 01-20-2012 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: can two email addresses be associated with one employee

No, that's not a standard feature.  But you could add that through customization:

1. Add a new field called secondaryemail to the Users table.

2. Create a simple screen based on the User's table.  It could be as simple as having only a grid with the fields you need, and making sure it supports edit.

3. On the button that emails the work orders, include the secondaryemail for that employee as a CC to the email.

It's Method, so you aren't stuck in a box of only being able to use standard features - you can extend Method to do what you want.

Paul

• 01-20-2012 9:21 PM In reply to

Thanks Paul.

I believe that I have everything done with the exception of number 3.

I am not sure how to implement the last instruction.......

How do we input what the secondary email?

How do I implement your instruction to number 3?

I have watched the tutorials on customization but this seems a little out of the scope of what they explained very nicely.

Thanks for your help

Wade

• 01-23-2012 12:59 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi wmcfall,

To assist you with question 3, I recommend that you look at the `Send Email` action which is very similar to the `Email Work Orders` button within the `FieldService_WorkOrderList` screen.

If you need further assistance with how to make the action work for you, we have a consulting service that is available, and we can configure that button for you during your consulting time. 

I hope that guides you to the right direction. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)