Method Community

Edit Customer Tab Link Security Issue

Last post 02-17-2012 10:25 AM by Blake C. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2012 4:42 PM

Edit Customer Tab Link Security Issue

When I'm logged in (I'm the account admin), choosing 'Go To...' on the Customer list screen shows and renames the Edit Customer tab just fine.

When other non-admin users are logged in, clicking 'Go To...' will load the Edit Customer screen just fine, but the tab link title doesn't get renamed. It's just a blank space.

It definitely seems to be permissions based...I just don't know where else to look. The tab permissions allow all roles to view this link.

Any idea what could be causing this behavior? What am I missing?

Thx

Blake C
  • 02-16-2012 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Edit Customer Tab Link Security Issue

WTF?

Don't think I did anything but logout/logout again (I do that a lot while I'm customizing anyway) and the Edit Customer tab seems to be showing with the correctly renamed title now.

Next issue....

Thx

Blake C
  • 02-16-2012 5:06 PM In reply to

This one will drive you crazy.  Because in 2 minutes you'll post back saying "it happened again".

Reason: by default the Edit Customer tab link is hidden.  So if you create an action that goes to that tab link, you should use the Show/Hide tab link action to make sure that tab link is visible.

Paul

• 02-16-2012 9:30 PM In reply to

Yup. The problem is back. But I AM using Show/Hide Link....with the Options set to Always Show. That's why it's perplexing.

And why would it work as expected with my login, but not with other non-admin logins?

Blake C
  • 02-16-2012 11:21 PM In reply to

Answer

Okay....I'm seeing some very weird behavior now.

I have a custom tab that uses the Show/Hide Tab Link action. As soon as I load that tab, my Customers tab and it's Show/Hide Tab Link actions work just fine.

I may be able to get to the bottom of this soon now.

Blake C
  • 02-17-2012 9:42 AM In reply to

Okay, I see the problem....#$%*&^%#!

I have a button that when clicked links from my new Home Dashboard to my Customers and Contacts screen. The action that does this is a simple Show/Hide Tab Link. This clearly isn't the same thing as actually clicking on a real Tab as the screen loads differently.

I'll have to figure it out, but at this point I think I'm moving toward the solution.

Gotta find the correct action(s) that will just link to a screen so that it's functional.

Sorry about the confusion around something as (seemingly) simple as a button link.

Blake C
  • 02-17-2012 10:25 AM In reply to

I'm punting...there's definitely an important difference between clicking on a typical Method tab for navigation and clicking a button/link I place on a screen as a different means of navigating to a screen.

I can't determine what that difference is so I'm just going to make my Customers and Contacts List screen the default.

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)