Method Community

Custom Field in QB Items Table sync with Method

Last post 02-04-2016 3:26 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2016 9:19 AM

Custom Field in QB Items Table sync with Method

I created a custom field in QB:

• The label/name is "SPECIAL ORDER"
    • When I export the IIF file from QB for the Items table, the field has the official name "CSTFLD4"

In Method, the Column "SPECIAL ORDER" shows up in the Items table, which is good.

However, as a test, I populated an item in QB with a value in the Special Order field, and the value does not sync

Please outline the steaps I need to take to get the values to populate/sync.

I want to to a batch upload to Method for a bunch of special order items, and I want them to sync with QB afterwards.

I have done this sort of thing with a field in the Customer table, but this process is not intuitive and I forget how I managed to get it to work.

• 02-04-2016 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Field in QB Items Table sync with Method

Hello MikeB,

There first thing I would check is how many custom fields you have in your QB file. The item list has a limit of 5 custom fields in Pro and Premier version. In Enterprise (starting with V10) you can add up to 15 custom fields in the item list.

Please check it and let me know if that is the issue.

-Inder

• 02-04-2016 1:41 PM In reply to

Of course. QB does not let you use more than 5. There's no option to add more.

Anyway, it eventually worked. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time.

Perhaps there was a syncing lag/issue.

• 02-04-2016 3:26 PM In reply to

I am glad that your issue is resolved now.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)