Method Community

Repair "Go to" link on CRM_LeadList screen

Last post 02-09-2012 3:22 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2012 4:47 PM

• Loewen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-08-2012
    • Posts 2

Repair "Go to" link on CRM_LeadList screen

I get the following error when I click the "Go to" link on the CRM_LeadList screen.  How do I get to the screen to repair this link?

Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command, as there was a problem locating the Tab Link 'Edit Lead'. This Tab Link may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen this Tab Link 'Edit Lead' belongs to as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:10

Thank you for your help!

• 02-09-2012 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: Repair "Go to" link on CRM_LeadList screen

Hi Loewen, 

I need to first find out of this is happening on an original Method screen or a customized screen. To find that information, can you please hover your mouse pointer over the Leads and Contacts List tab link and let me know what information appears in the pop-up rectangle information box that appears on the right hand side of the tab link. 

Ronen

• 02-09-2012 8:54 AM In reply to

• Loewen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-08-2012
    • Posts 2

This is on a custom screen named CRM_LeadList(2)

• 02-09-2012 3:22 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Loewen, 

These are the steps that would resolve your issue:

1. Go to Customize > Tabs
    2. Click on Edit Tab Links... to the right of Leads which is listed under the Tab Name heading in the list
    3. This will open the screen called Tab Link for Leads. The Go To... link in the lead list is actually pointing to a screen that is attached to the Tab Link Name of Edit Lead
    4. In you situation, you are getting this error message because ou don`t have the tab link of Edit Lead set up in this list. 
    5. In the Open Screen dropdown, select the screen CRM_EditLead which is the original Method screen unless you have a copy of this screen which has a different screen name which you would point to instead. 
    6. In the Tab Link Name, type in Edit Lead and then click on Finished Editing Tab Links
    7. In you CRM_LeadLust(2) screen, within Step 2 of 9 of the Contacts grid , you want to click on the Actions link beside the Go To... caption and then you want to make sure that the Go To Tab Link is pointing to the Leads>>Edit Lead within the Tab Link listing. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)