Method Community

Estimate screen not updating properly

Last post 02-15-2012 9:17 AM by viret56. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2012 9:45 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Estimate screen not updating properly

I just noticed when I update the line item grid on the Estimate screen, that the overall Estimate Subtotal, Tax Item, and Total are not updating.   I have also reloaded the screen and the totals remain the same (and are still incorrect).  I suppose I can fix this by writing my own actions, but isn't this supposed to be happening already?

Should I try to fix this myself, or is this a bug that can be fixed quickly by the Method Integration team?

• 02-15-2012 8:43 AM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Estimate screen not updating properly

I see that the Subtotal, Tax Item, and Total properly update after the estimate is saved (but not after the grid is updated).  I found the actions in the save button that perform the save and update of fields.  I suppose I could call the save button action set if I want the grid update to also save all sections and update the fields.

One question, does the update of the grid change the Subtotal, Tax Item, and Total in the database?  Then I could simply update the fields after the grid update.  I will experiment a bit.

• 02-15-2012 9:17 AM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Estimate screen not updating properly

I have answered my own questions with a little more investigating and experimenting.  I can add dynamic updating of grid fields by adding actions to the fields.  The grid refresh updates the column totals.  Saving the estimate updates the estimate totals.  I can call the save button action set from a number of places to accomplish an update of the screen.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)