Method Community

Invoice and estimate screen not retrieving shipping info.

Last post 01-20-2014 8:37 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2014 8:03 AM

Invoice and estimate screen not retrieving shipping info.

Shipping info will pull just fine if the Customer/Job Name only has the customer name in it, but if the Customer/Job Name has a job name in it, the invoice and estimate screen will not pull the shipping info.

Example: I have 1 customer with 2 properties, 1 personal property and 1 rental property.

(I use the shipping address as the service address)

Their main contact list called Jane doe will pull the shipping address just fine.

When I add a job name to a customer (in QuickBooks since method isn't setup to do this), Jane Doe: rental property, I input the service address in the shipping address location.

Everything saves just fine, but when I pull an estimate for the Jane doe: rental property, it doesn't retrieve the shipping address.

I thought this had to do with my custom invoice estimate screens, so I tried it in the stock Quickbooks_Estimate and Invoice screens, but it doesn't pull the info in those screen either.

Any thoughts on this problem.

Thanks

• 01-20-2014 8:37 PM In reply to

Re: Invoice and estimate screen not retrieving shipping info.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've tested this out and the stock Estimate and Invoice screens will pull the information that is stored in Method as ShipAddress fields in the Customer table. Can you confirm that these fields are populated in Method?  You can do this by clicking GoTo for the Job of the customer and confirming the Ship To fields.  I've seen cases where the addresses in QuickBooks are not necessarily synced correctly. This is due in large part to how the address in inputted into QuickBooks.

If you can confirm that the address is stored in Method correctly, could you enable MethodSupport for the account and email me the Method company account.  I can log in through MethodSupport and take a look at the address.  Please also provide a customer or two that I can replicate this issue with.

Thanks,

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)