Method Community

custom filter by view

Last post 03-06-2012 7:38 PM by swm023. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 10:11 PM

custom filter by view

I'm trying to create a custom filter by view drop down option on the ActivitiesList screen.  I understand how to customize screen and I've gone in to edit the grid and successfully added a custom option.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to create the filter.  I want to create a view for activites due on or before today and within 7 days.  Can you give me some direction, please?

• 01-16-2012 3:14 PM In reply to

Re: custom filter by view

Answer

Hi swm023, 

Here are the steps you need to take to make the change:

1.     Go to step 3 of 9 within the Grid Wizard. 

2.     Click on New/Edit and make it a new view

3.     Select the field that you want to filter by

4.     Click on Insert Filter

5.     Select the filter criteria for that field

In addition to the above steps, you will need to use actions outside of the grid to get the 7 days before date. This can be accomplished by creating an action on screen load that will get the current date - 7 days and load the date onto a hidden field on the screen. 

I hope that helps.

Ronen

• 03-02-2012 11:53 AM In reply to

what you're saying makes sense but i have no idea how to do that. how do i create an action on screen load that will get the current date - 7 days and load the date onto a hidden field on the screen?

• 03-06-2012 2:22 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi swm023,

If you have Field Services Operations installed, then you would want to take a look at the screen called FieldService_WorkOrderList and the actions for the Next Week link.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-06-2012 3:12 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi swm023, 

The Field Services Operations that I referred to is actually the app called Method Field Services for QuickBooks Desktop. if you are using QuickBooks Online, you will be using the app called Method Scheduling and Invoicing

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 03-06-2012 7:38 PM In reply to

I use online and don't have/need the app Method scheduling and Invoicing.  Is there no other way?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)