Method Community

Sales Order List

Last post 05-07-2014 4:43 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2014 10:38 AM

Sales Order List

I am having trouble getting my list of sales orders to show up chronologically.  I just expanded the length of time I am syncing with QB to 180 days and would like to push it out to 1 year so users can see relavant customer transaction history.  However, since I extended it, the order of the transactions on the list (on the left side of the screen under customers/sales orders) is out of whack.  At first it was ordering them by month starting in January.  So I had to page forward to May to get to yesterdays orders.  Now it is starting in Feb.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with the date format on the list (Feb-05-2014) instead of (2014-02-05).

Any help is appreciated.

• 05-07-2014 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: Sales Order List

Answer

Hi Retrotel,

I might know the cause of this, however please confirm if this helps.  First off, if you didn't already realize this, if you click a Column header on any grid in Method, it will sort that column either alphabetically, or numerically, depending on what is in the fields.  So, by clicking on the "Date" header on your Sales Order Screen grid, it will sort it in the correct order.  Consequently, if you click on the column header a second time, it will give you the opposite order.

Another thing you might be encountering; let's say your are currently viewing page 5 of 10 in your grid, then you apply a filter to one of your columns.  Even though your list will get sorted, keep in mind you will still be on page 5.  After changing your filter, you will have to manually go back to the 1st page, again this could be something you are experiencing.

Please try these suggestions out and let us know if this helps you out.

-Ben

• 05-07-2014 3:04 PM In reply to

When I opened the tab today the sales orders are in the correct order.  I did not notice that the columns were sortable but that makes sense.  It was odd, though.  I do think it may have had something to do with the extended time frame for syncing.  If it happens again I will sort by the column to verify and let you know.  Thanks for the reply.

• 05-07-2014 4:43 PM In reply to

Retrotel, 

Sounds good, just post here if you do experience any further issues with this.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)