Method Community

Currency changes

Last post 06-28-2013 12:29 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2013 9:49 AM

Currency changes

I am not sure if you guys have changed anything to do with currency lately but when we try to export to PDF an invoice, estimate or other we have the old DOLLAR symbol again. I have tried rectifying this in our browser settings and even checked our regional settings on the computers.

Please help as we cannot send anything at the moment.

Can you not just have the currecy reflect in all pdf's once the symbol is entered into the customise-display currency setting. We keep running into problems.

I have been checking if I could sort the symbols out in the report designer to no avail either. What does everyone else do that is not in the USA?

• 05-28-2013 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Currency changes

Hi Martin,

The currency symbol should change when the browser settings have been modified accordingly. However, I was able to replicate this issue and we are looking into it. 

If you require an immediate workaround, please follow the below steps:

Steps:

1. Open report designer, open the specific report and click the edit icon for the specific currency field. You may want to copy the stock report and edit the copy. This will help revert any unwanted changes. 

2. Modify 'c2' value to '£0.00'. This will have to be done for each specific currency field

3. Save report

4. Login into Method and run the report. If you created a new/copy report, then use the CRM_PreferencesReports screen to change which report is generated.

• 05-28-2013 3:30 PM In reply to

Thanks, I have also seen this and made the adjustments but now my concern is particularly the estimate report. The rate column shows the rate before we add markup, this cannot be shown to the customer. There is a script which seems to sort it out but this is applied it changes the currency in the amount column back to USD. so I have changed the dollar sign there.

I have tried changing the currency to R0.00  (C2) in the amount column but this causes an error on the report so I have left it out there.

This is the best I can get it for now until you figure out a way to sort this out for good.

Please I know it may seem like an arb matter but this has caused me much frustration and days of fussing and trying to fix it. I am the owner of the company without an I.T expert to do this and I cannot keep going on like this, I need a fix very soon.

• 05-29-2013 8:33 AM In reply to

Hi Martin,

As you mentioned, the estimate report displays the USD currency due to a script in the background. We reviewed similar older issues, and have come across a workaround to resolve the script issue. Please follow the steps below:

Open report designer and copy the estimate report template. This is required because any change to the stock template will prevent future updates to the report.

Select the cost field in the designer

Within the report property grid, go to Scripts > Before Print > Click the Script title and then click ‘…’

In the script editor, change the following line to the subsequent line:

xrItemPrice.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Format(xrItemAmount.Text / xrItemQuantity.Text,"$#,##0.00###")

xrItemPrice.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Format(Convert.ToDouble(DetailReport.GetCurrentColumnValue("Amount"))/Convert.ToDouble(DetailReport.GetCurrentColumnValue("Quantity")),"£#,##0.00###")

Save report

Login into Method and run the report. Use the CRM_PreferencesReports screen to change to the new estimate report.

• 06-28-2013 12:29 PM In reply to

Hi Martin, 

This issue has been resolved with the latest update . You can verify this by logging into your account. You wont need to use the workaround anymore.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)