Method Community

Uploading a logo - error?

Last post 05-28-2008 3:59 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2008 10:54 PM

Uploading a logo - error?

Hi guys-

I tried to upload a logo to replace Method's and got an error message: 

"Sorry, but you've encountered an error try to view this page. If you continue to experience problems please try and close your browser, open a new browser and log back in."

(ps - should you replace "try" with "trying" in the first sentence?)

On the Customize-Display screen, I chose the blue color scheme, then clicked on "Change Logo".  (Did not click on "Save Settings" right away.)  I browsed to a 10k jpg file, uploaded it, then sized it to 300%, then hit "Save as logo" and got the error message.  I did have to make my screen window larger by dragging the lower right corner in order to see the "Save as Logo" button.  (I'm working on a Samsung Q1 tablet UMPC with a 7" diagonal screen, hooked up to an external 19"monitor with a screen resolution of 800x600)  When I made the logo image 300%, it pushed the "Save as Logo" button off the right side of my screen.  Maybe

I logged out and logged in again (did not close browser, sorry) and was able to upload the logo at 100% and 200% sizes but it bombed out again at 300%.

Also, I noticed that after you upload the logo, you can't re-size it.  You have to go fetch it again.  That could be a pain if you're no longer on the computer that has the logo.  For instance if you visit a client site to set up Method and later they ask you to change the logo but you aren't on-site any more.

By the way, the "Welcome to the Method Beta" box on the Home tab Welcome screen took three refreshes before it changed from green to blue, even though the rest of the tab's contents turned blue right away.

-Mary Longacre

-Mary Longacre
  • 05-14-2008 10:11 AM In reply to

Re: Uploading a logo - error?

Good Morning Mary,

Thanks for the detailed description and feedback.

Could you please email me a copy of the logo that you were trying to import into Method?  I would like to try it on my end and see if I can duplicate it.  Just send me an email with the logo as an attachment to d.docouto@alocet.com.

Regarding screen sizes.  I noticed you mentioned using an external screen with a screen resolution set to 800 X 600.   Method is actually optimized for screen sizes that are 1024 X 768 or higher.  Therefore, you might be running into issues if you are trying to display it on a screen that is smaller than 1024 X 768.

• 05-27-2008 8:44 PM In reply to

Uploading a logo - new error

Hi guys-

Back in this same Method account, I went back to customize (on a different computer with 1280x768 resolution) to upload a different image as the logo and when I browsed to the file and uploaded it and saved it as the new logo, what happened is that BEFORE I clicked on the Save Settings button on the Display screen, the old image re-sized to 100% of the size of the new logo image instead of being 200% of the size of the old image.  AFTER I clicked on the save setting button, the new image appeared correctly.  If you're not following this description, how do I send you a screenshot?  (I have the file, I'm just not sure how to deliver it to you.)

-Mary Longacre

703-299-0802 

-Mary Longacre
  • 05-28-2008 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: Uploading a logo - new error

mlongacre:

Hi guys-

Back in this same Method account, I went back to customize (on a different computer with 1280x768 resolution) to upload a different image as the logo and when I browsed to the file and uploaded it and saved it as the new logo, what happened is that BEFORE I clicked on the Save Settings button on the Display screen, the old image re-sized to 100% of the size of the new logo image instead of being 200% of the size of the old image.  AFTER I clicked on the save setting button, the new image appeared correctly.  If you're not following this description, how do I send you a screenshot?  (I have the file, I'm just not sure how to deliver it to you.)

Strange......Tongue Tied

You can send me the screen shot directly to d.docouto@alocet.com

Can you also send me the new logo you were trying to upload?  I have your old logo still.  This way I can try and follow the same steps on my end.  Hopefully get the same results.

BTW - Thanks for the awesome feedback and participation so far.  You definitely are getting a “standing ovation” from the entire Method team  Cool

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)