Method Community

Bugs when changing field max lengths

Last post 03-23-2012 2:55 PM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2012 12:51 PM

Bugs when changing field max lengths

There seems to be some bugs with the max field length for text fields in the "Edit Fields" popup when customizing tables. Since it autoemails you for each time it happens, you've probably recieved 50 emails from my end in the last 10 minutes.

Bug 1: If I click on a max field length, don't make any changes, then click on another field length, an error will appear: "Text size cannot be greater than 100000 characters. ".The screen goes blank until I refresh. I can duplicate this with any table and any text field.

Bug 2: If I change a field length after the field has been added from the default 255 to some other number, then press the "Enter" key, I get the error msg: "An error has occurred. An email has been sent to Method staff. If this problem persists, please contact the Method Team at method@methodintegration.com. " I can duplicate this in multiple fields and table. The change to max lenght is not saved. Clicking outside the max length box instead of hitting Enter doesn't cause an error.

• 03-23-2012 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Bugs when changing field max lengths

smohyee,

I tried to follow along and replicate but wasn't able to. Can you provide the steps I should take? What browser are you using?

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-23-2012 2:37 PM In reply to

Ah, it appears to be Google Chrome that has the issues.

Just tried both bugs in Firefox and got different results.

• 03-23-2012 2:55 PM In reply to

smohyee,

Yes, I was just about to respond back letting you know I had the same experience in Chrome. Thanks for the confirmation though! I'm going to create an internal ticket and respond back here with more details when I have them.

Thanks

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)