Method Community

User Email Preferences

Last post 04-02-2012 9:39 PM by Blake C. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2012 2:52 PM

User Email Preferences

I want my users to send email from inside Method using their own email accounts. E.g. when customers receive an email from my salesmen via Method, they can reply directly to them, rather than a default company email account.

How can I allow my users to set up their own email preferences so I (as the Admin) don't have to enter their email username and password (from the Admin Customize->User configuration)?

Sorry if I'm missing something here...

Blake C
  • 02-08-2012 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: User Email Preferences

Nevermind.......I was momentarily confused b/c I had some default email prefs set and had some weird settings for a test user. I got it now.

This post never happened Stick out tongue

Blake C
  • 03-02-2012 10:26 AM In reply to

Okay....I'm back. I'm still struggling with the same problem.

It would be great if my users could truly authenticate themselves (e.g. not having to entier their email user/password through the Method admin screens) for sending emails. The main reasons: 1) sent emails show up in their Sent Items folder and 2) should an email to a customer bounce, they get notified of this.

So my original question still stands: How can I allow my users to set up their own emails prefs so I (as Admin) don't have to enter their email user/pass in the Method admin user settings?

Am I still missing something?

Thx

Blake C
  • 03-05-2012 10:38 AM In reply to

Hi Blake C,

After you have set up your users within Method, please follow the following steps to make sure that you set their own e-mail preferences successfully:

1. Go to Customize>Users.
    2. In the section for Edit an existing User, click on the Edit link for the user that you want to make the e-mail preferences settings. 
    3. In Step 2 of 10: Email Setup, make sure that the checkbox for Use default email server settings? is not checked off. 
    4. This will then allow you to provide the users specific e-mail server settings. 

For additional help with the e-mail settings, please click Here for the solution article in our brand new Method CRM Help Center.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-05-2012 12:13 PM In reply to

Right. I have it all working just fine...BUT my issue is that in order for this to work, I have to enter in their email account password...or have the user enter it themselves. We all don't work in the same office, though. Hence the inconvenience (not to mention the security issue of entering a password into an admin screen). The other obvious negative to this solution is if/when their email account password changes...they will have to involve me to enter the new password on the admin screen again.

Does this make sense?

Thx

Blake C
  • 03-06-2012 2:12 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Blake C,

As a security measure, the administrator has to create the users username, the initial password, and their individual email settings. After the user gets setup in Method, they can change their own password but not their e-mail settings.

Ronen

• 03-06-2012 2:21 PM In reply to

Answer

Got it. Then I'd like to request a feature enhancement that allows the user to maintain their own email account password for their own profile. This keeps the admin out of the loop, preventing them from dealing with their users' email password.

Thx

Blake C
  • 03-29-2012 11:47 AM In reply to

Blank - FYI, this has been added in the labs.  Look out for the release notes for the "April version" which will have this on the staging site.

Paul

• 03-29-2012 12:48 PM In reply to

Awesome! Thanks!

Blake C
  • 04-02-2012 5:18 PM In reply to

Blake - this is now available on the April version.

In the Method login form, you can click on the link for “Switch to the April version”, and then go to your user name in the top right, and click My Profile.

Paul

• 04-02-2012 9:39 PM In reply to

Very nice. Thx for taking care of that so quickly! I already retweeted....

/bc

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)