Method Community

Can I customize the Payments Gateway screen?

Last post 04-03-2012 2:35 PM by Method_Paul. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2012 3:26 PM

Can I customize the Payments Gateway screen?

Hi,

I currently work with ChargeAnywhere for my "Payment Gateway" needs.  I realize that you do not currently have them listed as an option and understand that you likely have many other issues that will take precedent ... what I would like to know, however, is can I modify the website that "Authorize.net" contacts within the Payment Gateway screen? 

I ask because I'm being told by "ChargeAnywhere" that they have an API that allows them to Emulate Authorize.net as long as I can point to it.  So, the technology is beyond me but I'm thinking if I can find the location where the dropdown is setup I could change where the Authorize.net selection would point ...  anyway, if this is possible I would really like to stick with my current gateway as the pricing is much better and they are already integrated with my quickbooks.

Thanks,

Wylie 

• 03-13-2012 8:16 AM In reply to

Re: Can I customize the Payments Gateway screen?

Hi Wylie,

I am not sure if what you are trying to do will work but I can point in the right direction on where to setup payment gateways as a whole.

In Method go to Customize > My Account and you should see an option for Payment Gateways under the Change My Account Preferences section. Outside of this there is currently no other options or settings for Payment Gateways.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 03-13-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

Wylie -

Out of interest - can you forward a link to the API that you are referring to?  This will give us a chance to say "never", "maybe" or even "soon".

Paul

• 03-13-2012 6:42 PM In reply to

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply ... I wasn't able to get the info. together today as I was away from the office but will work on it tomorrow and get it to you.  As far as I am aware and from researching other Gateway's that offer "Authorize.net Emulation" it is literally as simple as changing the "Post To:" url within the form from authorize.net to the new provider, which in my case will be chargeanywhere.com.  I'll get more detail tomorrow but if it this the process do you think you'd be able to help me out?  Realistically I need the functionality and will get setup with Authorize.net if I have to but this would be ideal and I think could open your product up to other Gateway's relatively easily as well - Authorize.net Emulation appears to be pretty common based on my searches within google.

• 03-14-2012 10:03 AM In reply to

Wylie -

I hear you. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems, though, in the world of coding!  

If you get me the docs, I'll have a quick read and give you a yeah, or nah. :)

Paul

• 03-15-2012 2:56 PM In reply to

Answer

Wylie - see http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/2986/11344.aspx#11344.  It looks like we could get this on the staging site as soon as the 22nd for you to try out (exposing the Post URL was a tiny change). But it would still help to see which docs you are referring to, so that they can see if there are any obvious gotchas.

Paul 

• 03-15-2012 3:17 PM In reply to

Hey Paul,

Sorry for the delay ... I'm still waiting for my Processor to get me the info. ... I can't go direct to the gateway.  On a side not I'm now not sure if I will need it or not as they have changed pricing and Authorize.net is pretty comparable.  Despite that I still think it is a worthwhile process for you as if it works out I really think it will help a number of users and provide a great deal of flexibility within your payment gateway options.

I haven't confirmed that the linked document is the Authorize.net emulation info. that I would need but it does go through the process for chargeanywhere Authorize.net Emulation program ... take a look I think it will provide some insight.  As soon as I get word from my processor I'll update.

Thanks,

Wylie

http://developer.chargeanywhere.com/downloads/integration/Universal-Shopping-Cart-Guide.pdf

• 03-15-2012 4:06 PM In reply to

Wylie - yep, that's exactly what I needed.

You'll just need to use the override URL of http://www.chargeanywhere.com/emulators/authorizenet.aspx and it should emulate all by itself.

The other side benefit of this is that even Authorize.net users can temporarily use the test gateway URL while testing a customization - whereas they couldn't do this before.

So, thank you for the suggestion - you'll see it live soon. :)

Paul

• 03-16-2012 2:52 PM In reply to

Hey Paul,

That's great news!!!  I think that will be a very helpfull option for a number of current and new users.  I have to say, you guys are much more receptive to suggestions/ideas then any other software company I've worked with ... cudo's to you and your team!

• 04-03-2012 2:35 PM In reply to

@Wylie - this feature is now available on the "April" version on the stage site (look at the option at the bottom when you sign into Method).  

Just keep in mind that the April version isn't live to your customer portal yet, so go in and test it, but don't distribute the portal until April goes "live" (i.e. when the sign in screen doesn't give an option for which version of Method you want to use).

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)