Method Community

Payments through portal _ automated notifcation of payment received

Last post 04-11-2012 3:46 PM by Method_Valbon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2012 2:09 PM

Payments through portal _ automated notifcation of payment received

I ran a test payment through on online portal. The good news is that the online payment portion worked like a charm.  The bad news is I received the "notice of Payment received" email 16 consecutive times?

I don' t believe I edited anything related to this message.  Any ideas?

• 04-04-2012 2:27 PM In reply to

Re: Payments through portal _ automated notifcation of payment received

Hi Andrea - to help us look into this can you please enable the MethodSupport user in your account and private email me your Method account name? Please be sure to include a link to this post in the email.

Thanks you.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 04-06-2012 8:24 AM In reply to

Can I ask if you also received a Method notification email about being unable to send the emails?

This may be a case where users have Exchange server setup for relay restrictions.  The server comes back to us saying it couldn’t send the email due to relay errors, but actually sends the email anyway.  The thing is, since we got a failure message from your server, we try again. We try 15 times in total before giving up and sending you a Method notification.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 04-06-2012 10:15 AM In reply to

Yes and No...

Three payments have come through the portal

Scenario 1 -my test payment. company email receives the 15 messages. My personal email (a Gmail account) receives "the email send failure alert"

Scenario 2- a client pays-I receive no email to our company email. What did the client receive in this case?

Scenario 3- a client pays- I receive the 15 messages. What did the client receive in this case? (client email is a business email address)

• 04-11-2012 3:46 PM In reply to

Hi Andrea,

andrea:
    Scenario 1 -my test payment. company email receives the 15 messages. My personal email (a Gmail account) receives "the email send failure alert"

This sounds like the scenario I described above. I'm going to explore this one further.

andrea:
    Scenario 2- a client pays-I receive no email to our company email. What did the client receive in this case?

This one sounds like it was never sent. Is there any way you can confirm if the email was sent?

andrea:
    Scenario 3- a client pays- I receive the 15 messages. What did the client receive in this case? (client email is a business email address)

This sounds similar to the first scenario as well, the client would get he same amount of emails you recieved. I'll look further into this and post back with more info.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)