Method Community

Grid "Update" button vs Screen "Save" button

Last post 05-08-2012 8:43 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2012 1:00 PM

Grid "Update" button vs Screen "Save" button

So on the default Sales Order (or PO, or Invoice, etc) screen, hitting the screen "Save" button seems to include the actions involved for the green "Update"  button for the Line Item grid. So if I enter an item without an indicated Qty, hitting Save or Update will set the Qty to one, and insert that line as a record into the Line Item Table. 

Enter my custom PO screen. For some reason my Save button no longer performs the same actions as the green "Update" button. Saving the screen is no longer adequate: unless I hit the green "update" button after entering line Items, they'll disappear from the grid if I reload the PO. 

Can I access the action set involved in that green "Update" button to copy over to my "Save" button? Looking at my Sales Order screen, where the Save button is customized but still manages to perform the "Update" actions, I can't see any relevant difference, so I'm confused as to why the button functionality changed. 

• 05-07-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

Re: Grid "Update" button vs Screen "Save" button

Answer

Can you check your screen and see if you're using a "Save Section" or a "Save all Sections"?  "Save all Sections" should  trigger the update action you're looking for.

~C

• 05-07-2012 6:07 PM In reply to

Answer

Chad,

The save button uses the "Save All Sections" action.

I got it to work, and I think the reason is that I originally had two seperate conditional statements in the "Save" button, only one of which could be satisfied for a given PO, and each with it's own "Save All Sections" action. If a statement was triggered  and it was first statement on the action list, then it's Save All Sections action would run fine. But if it was the second statement, the Save All Sections action didn't seem to do the update.

I fixed the problem by taking out the "Save All Sections" action out of each conditional, and instead sticking a single one at the end of the entire action set. 

I guess the takeaway is that multiple "Save All Sections" actions in an action set causes problems? 

• 05-08-2012 8:43 AM In reply to

smohyee:
    I guess the takeaway is that multiple "Save All Sections" actions in an action set causes problems? 

This shouldn't be the takeaway as you can have multiple Save All Sections in your actions.  I'm going to test this today and see if there are any issues around multiple Save All Sections.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)