Method Community

Trouble getting a connection ticket to Intuit Merchant Services payment gateway

Last post 05-10-2012 4:15 PM by smohyee. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2012 12:57 PM

Trouble getting a connection ticket to Intuit Merchant Services payment gateway

When attempting to get a connection ticket via the link provided on the Payment Gateway setup screen, I got the following message from Intuit when I logged into my merchant account:

"Your merchant service account is not set up to process payments through the software or website you are using.

Please contact your software or web site provider or contact Intuit Payment Solutions customer support at (800) 558-9558."

I called that number, and got instructions on how to set up my third party application within the Intuit Developers Network so I could request connection tickets. Obviously this is something Alocet's already set up for Method. Any suggestions on what other steps may be needed for setting up my Merchant Service account so I can successfully request a connection ticket?

• 05-10-2012 1:17 PM In reply to

Re: Trouble getting a connection ticket to Intuit Merchant Services payment gateway

Answer

Nevermind! There was a setting I needed to change. Here are instructions for others:

After logging into https://merchantcenter.intuit.com, from the homepage

1. Click the "Processing Information" link under the "Account" section

2. Turn on the option to "Process with Hosted PayPage" and submit the changes.

3. Follow the instructions from this Method Blog post

• 05-10-2012 1:32 PM In reply to

Re: Trouble getting a connection ticket to Intuit Merchant Services payment gateway

I have a followup question you guys might know: 

Is there a monthly charge to enable that Hosted PayPage service to process payments within Method? Before we only had the setting to process payments within Quickbooks, but when I enabled the "Process with Hosted PayPage" option, a warning came up suggesting that there may be a monthly fee associated with that option. 

• 05-10-2012 2:07 PM In reply to

Answer

smohyee:
    Is there a monthly charge to enable that Hosted PayPage service to process payments within Method?

I found this page on the Intuit forums.  It should give you the costs associated with the Hosted PayPage.

~C

• 05-10-2012 4:15 PM In reply to

Looks like it's free for existing accounts then: here's a quote from that link:

"Already have a QBMS merchant account?

You can turn on Hosted PayPage processing for an existing merchant account.  There are no additional monthly service fees associated with this feature."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)