Method Community

Problem with Create Short Method URL action

Last post 05-10-2012 7:42 PM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2012 3:42 PM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Problem with Create Short Method URL action

I am editing the 'Email' hidden button on the Contacts screen.  I edited the 'Create Short Method URL' to change the portal being used.  The 'Contact RecordID (optional):' field was empty when I opened the action.  I left it empty.  However, when I Save & Close, I receive a message: 'Please choose which contact this opt out is being sent to.'  and the action dosen't close.  I can 'Cancel' to close the action.  When I edit the action again, I see that my other changes were saved successfully.  So this does not appear to be a problem that will prevent my changes.  I wanted to let the Method team know because it looks suspiciously like a bug.

I hope this is helpful to you.

• 05-10-2012 4:33 PM In reply to

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Re: Problem with Create Short Method URL action

I need to correct a statement in the previous post.  Opening the action later in the day revealed that the changes I was trying to make did not save.

If the Contact ID is truly optional, why is Method requiring it?

• 05-10-2012 7:12 PM In reply to

• Arnie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2012
    • Posts 6

I have exactly the same problem

• 05-10-2012 7:42 PM In reply to

Answer

@Arnie & @Viret -

Thank you for finding this. You are correct, this field should be optional for portals.  It is only required for Email opt-outs (a new feature which BTW is pretty cool - read about it here http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=methodcrm&id=165).

While it is not required, it is still beneficial to set the contact record id as well as the activity record id so that you can track who clicked on the link and when.

For now, just set the contact record id to 0, and it will let you save.

On the next update this will be resolved - we were able to duplicate it the issue and resolve it in the labs.  We're expecting a "May version" publish late next week.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)