Method Community

Google Apps - eMail System

Last post 05-15-2012 8:39 AM by Method_Paul. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2010 10:08 AM

Google Apps - eMail System

Hi there

I've started to look at using eMail direct from Method: When I try and send an eMail I get the message:

Error^Action Sequence:32. Error with user authentication;Server says: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. a18sm6660499anl.13  

I have the eMail settings on my system as:

accounts@realityhouse.co.uk

smtp.googlemail.com

and my password

Is this to do with SSL?

Let me know.

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 06-04-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Google Apps - eMail System

I've been through the Forums and have discovered the "gmail works" threads posted for Kevin.

I've tried gmail and yes it does work. realityhouse@gmail.com works great!

But all of my team use Google Apps - and our own domain @realityhouse.co.uk

BUT we use the google email system - it's just that it has our domain rather than Googlemail - any thoughts

Many thanks

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 06-04-2010 10:31 AM In reply to

Ignore me - I've got it sorted!

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 06-04-2010 10:47 AM In reply to

Mike-

Didn't want to leave you having a conversation entirely to yourself....so I'll chime in :).

Can you share with the Method Community what the source of the problem was and the eventual solution - so that if anyone else has the same problem they'll get the solution from reading this forum post?

Thanks!

Paul

• 06-05-2010 3:39 AM In reply to

Re: Google Apps - eMail System - the answer

The answer to the email issue is this: With method the email entry on settings is not the same as your email settings on outlook You just need any email smtp server - I used a gmail address This is used to send the email. Your individual email addrsses are set within the account and are mimicked by whatever smtp server that you use

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 09-29-2011 9:45 AM In reply to

I am having an issue with the same thing described, but I don't understand the solution.  It seems that since I have to specify a user, password and server it won't use the user email information instead.  So, if I have to plug in the stuff manually to the Send Email Action, there is no option to check-mark SSL, which I believe why it is failing.

We also use gmail with our own domain.  I set up our user emails as username@ourdomain.com, password, imap.googlemail.com and check marking SSL.  That works, but Send Email Action does not.  Please assist in the missing information.

• 09-29-2011 11:52 AM In reply to

melpitt-

mlepitt:
    It seems that since I have to specify a user, password and server it won't use the user email information instead.

Are you trying to set different default email settings for each of your users? If so when you edit a user(Customize > Users) in Step 2 of 10 you can uncheck Use default email server settings and set settings specific to that user.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 09-29-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

Thank you, I figured it out just a few minutes ago, I didn't realize I didnt' have to fill in those fields.  But, in some cases I would like it to come from a generic email address (customerservice@mydomain.com) so this will still be a problem for those instances.

• 09-29-2011 12:42 PM In reply to

Answer

mlepitt-

We use google apps here in the office for our outgoing server we use smtp.gmail.com, I tired this using my email(m.melo@methodintegration.com) and my password(SuperComplexSecretPassword) for the Send Email action and it worked.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 05-15-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

Mike - old post, however, I wanted to follow up with you that we are now accepting invites for the Gmail Gadget for Google Apps. Thank you for being so patient - this one took us a while to get up and running.

Read more here:

http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=MethodCRM&id=204

Hope all is well across the pond,

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)